Sunday, February 22, 2009

HI,


I am Treesa Mclean, I have been a birth and postpartum Doula for over 20 years and am currently a student midwife enrolled in the Midwives College of Utah, and working with my preceptor, Rosanna Davis, LM, CPM in Menlo Park, California.



I am off to Bali in 2009 to participate in a Midwifery Internship. 


I was drawn to participating in Midwifery abroad, both because it offers me the opportunity to work in a free clinic, and to learn about birth in an entirely different culture. 


I am so excited to be to accepted  in baliand to travel there. I will be taking medical and midwifery supplies with me to Bali when I go. Before I leave I will be collecting supplies and fundraising for the clinic. 


 On the links page there are links to a wide variety of midwifery organizations,  my college and the practice with which  I currently work. 


Whether you are a pregnant woman, family of a birthing mother, new parent or  birth professional consider supporting these organizations as way of supporting your local midwife and the larger American and International Midwifery community.



Treesa


3 comments:

  1. Dear Treesa,

    I feel you are making this journey on behalf of many of us here at home and look forward to hearing about your experiences and, especially, your insights about those experiences.

    Love

    P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Treesa,
    I am so glad you are able to pull this off!
    You are the most amazing doula in the world! Very few people transmit their benevolent energies just when you think about them, and you are definitely one of them!
    They will love you so much at the birth center in Bali, I hope they let you come home in April! ;)
    Will follow your adventures!
    All the best,
    Raphy

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you Raphy

    I am enjoying it here in bali

    It is so different and beautiful
    treesa

    ReplyDelete