Friday, April 10, 2009

Busy morning

Yesterday we had a busy day at the clinic. I arrived and two women were in labor, one was pushing and the other was 3-4 cm. I checked in with both moms and a third woman came in she was also 4 cm. I was asked to start a prenatal for a western woman, then to attend the birth of the woman who was pushing. 

All of a sudden we here the last woman to arrive let out a deep loud push. So I grabbed gloves and ran to her. She was complete and pushing. One of the Doulas came to assist me, and helped with hearttones, and gathering the supplies for the birth. When the baby was crowning another midwife joined us, and the Doula and I caught the baby. From her first push to baby was 12 minutes. the baby needed a bit of help getting started but then was crying loudly for about 29 minutes until it fell asleep on mom.

I felt great about managing the birth, and postpartum with this woman. I felt as though I really was able to contribute.

Soon I will be going home, just a week and a couple of days more. It seems like I just arrived and like I have been gone forever.

I want to be home to see family and friends and to see my clients again. I have several clients due in late spring and summer, and I cannot wait to be working with them in familiar environments. 

I am also looking forward to seeing Rosanna, my preceptor for midwifery and my peer review, and apprentice midwifery groups. I want to thank them all for the great training I have had. 

see you soon tree







W

No comments:

Post a Comment