Sunday, April 5, 2009

some babies do not make it

Sometimes babies die.

Yesterday I got the news that one of the babies we had to take to the hospital for breathing problems has died. 

I find that at the moment I am a bit numb to the fact. I cannot quite touch the emotions that are under the surface. 

I do not know how to react. This is the first time that a baby I assisted with has died. I wish that I had had a deeper relationship with the family, but I do not know why I wish that. It would not help them with their grief at all. 

I am so sorry that this baby did not make it. 

treesa

3 comments:

  1. That's very sad. I'm so sorry.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Treesa

    I just came across your blog, I have loved reading it. I have been studying Midwifery for 2 years now and travelling to gain my prac experience. Currently I am in the Netherlands and am planning to go to Bali and Uganda next. I would love to get the details of this birth clinic that you were at.

    Thank you
    Rebecca (ribzi@live.co.za)

    ReplyDelete