Friday, March 27, 2009

everyday events in bali

Cleaning and organizing

Today I cleaned one of the birth rooms, washing down all the tables and chairs and equipment. I have also sorted through boxes and organized closets while I have been here. 

I also made packets of clothes for the mothers to take home. Each mom gets a pack of clothes and a baby blanket to take home. For some of the babies that is all they have. So the baby blankets that were made are all being put to good use. Thank you all. 

I am setting up a crash cart for emergencies. Basically organizing everything that already exists into a cohesive  cart that is labeled in english and indonesian.


There are two women here in labor, one a third time mom and one  a first time mom. It will probably be a long night.  

I am enjoying my time with the Indonesian midwives, they have been very generous with me. Helping me to catch babies, and teaching me the language as we go. However I am hopeless at the language. I keep trying, they laugh and correct me and I keep trying. 






1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying your blog, Treesa! Thinking of you, and sending sleep prayers your way... : )

    ReplyDelete