Tuesday, March 3, 2009

sitting in bali

I am settling in. I am in Bali and I am finding my way.

I arrived day before yesterday, it was evening and a driver came to pick me up at the airport. My indonesian lessons began then. Pagi is morning. Sore is evening. Now I am going to take lessons with the other students here. there are three other students here now, and more arriving soon. 

We have our own space to live in, very rustic. When I got into bed, I heard, frogs, and crickets and so many unfamiliar sounds, and when I woke up it was to the voices of our next
door neighbors getting ready for the day and the roosters crowing. 

I began with a tour of the facility and then we went to a local guesthouse for lunch and a swim. 
As we walked through our neighborhood we saw statues and small altars everywhere. It is amazingly beautiful and green here. 

All of the students are very friendly and welcoming. 

I am going to  go to the store and ATM today and also purchase a phone, and figure out groceries. 


more later

treesa


1 comment:

  1. Love the blog, following your journey with awe and wonder. Wishing you serenity and peace along the way. With my love, Gail

    ReplyDelete