Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hong Kong


I flew from San Francisco to Hong Kong and arrived early in the morning. I stowed my bags at left luggage at the airport and hopped on the A21 to Kowloon to my guesthouse.

Above is a picture of my room. I checked in and then when out to explore. I walked all over the neighborhood and really enjoyed my day. I started out by walking to Nathan road and discovering Kowloon park. A beautiful place with lots of singing birds. 


I made it to The Avenue of the Stars for the light show over the harbor that happens every night, but I was not impressed. The harbor is beautiful but it was so foggy none of my pictures came out. 

I went to Ladies Market and to Temple Night market and ate food from stalls, octopus balls, doughy balls of octopus, corn and cabbage with a great sauce, sausages, and dumplings, all served on small sticks. I also loved the coconut sago, a slightly sweet coconut-tapioca drink. mmm and only $6Hong Kong Dollars, or about $1 us. 


1 comment:

  1. I love Hong Kong and have done all the things you just described! I HIGHLY recommend seeing the light show from Victoria Peak though, as that is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been... just in case you get to stop through on your way home. Looking forward to hearing more! Best, Liesl

    ReplyDelete