Saturday, March 14, 2009

three women at the clinic, one in active labor, two in very early labor. Acupuncture fertility clinic with about 30 people waiting. One volunteer out with the flu and another at the beach. It is warm and the mosquitos have not yet started to bite. 

Prenatal clinic will start soon and we will see somewhere between 20 and 30 women. 

It is always busy here. I worked with two westerners today one with a colicky baby and another who had fallen and was nervous about her baby. 

I keep trying to work on a project - online research for the clinic but never seem to have the time. I don't feel super busy I think it is just that the pace of things here is so different. I am always with other people. Almost no time alone. 

It is a cultural whirlwind, balinese traditions, hindu, muslim, christian, and then all of the westerners bring their cultures and beliefs, including of course me. I am trying to have an open heart and head, to learn from the teachers that appear before me. Two of the bidans, Indonesian midwives have taken time with me to learn, here they are my gurus. 

Terimakasih

thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment